Monday, August 31, 2009

Brothers

Dude, you think I'm funny? (Um, sometimes, anyway?) You should meet my little brother. I didn't realize he was trying to chat with me on facebook chat, and when I kept not responding, he kept writing. This eventually turned into... a pretend conversation between the two of us wherein we compare Maniac Magee with Little House on the Prairie and On the Banks of Plum Creek.

Wendy: You know, Scott...Maniac Magee is the best book I have ever read.

Scott: Oh, really? Why is that?

Wendy: You know when Maniac has nothing and the old man gives him butterscotch Krimpets.

Scott: Oh, Like Mr. Edwards at Christmas

Wendy: Yes, and the big bully treats him like Nellie Olsen

Scott: Very True

Wendy: And that Biker gang in town is like Willie

Scott: Yes.

Don't you wish Scott was YOUR fourth-grade teacher?

No comments: